One day I hope to see Clay at one of these venues. I don't go to as many concerts anymore due to getting older and having chronic illnesses. To find out more Chattanooga venues or about venues in your area, check out Thrillcall. A few of these places are strictly for adults, so check the venue's website for more information.
If you want to see more well-known artists in Chattanooga, these are the best venues to find them;
- Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Auditorium(Aka Memorial Auditorium)- it is on the same website as the Tivoli.
- McKenzie Arena at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
- Track 29- a fairly new venue located at the Chattanooga Choo Choo (the only drawback is that some concerts are Standing Room Only(SRO) ).
The Bessie Smith Performance Hall- Ruben Studdard has been here in the past.
Local artists or mixture ;
- Barking Legs Theater
- Charles and Myrtle's Coffeehouse- meets at Christ Unity Church of Chattanooga
- The Camp House- a coffeehouse with after-hours venue usable for concerts, weddings and other events.
- First Tennessee Pavilion- located at Finley Stadium at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
- JJ's Bohemia
- Chattanooga Theatre Centre
- Rhythm and Brews
Music Festivals and outdoor venues;
- Nightfall Concert Series- free concert series located at Miller Plaza- every Friday night at 7 PM from May to August - rain or shine. You can bring lawn chairs, umbrellas and water bottles- for the rest check the website.
- The Riverbend Festival- a paid 8-day event that happens on about the 3rd week of June. Local artists usually play in the afternoons or early evenings. More famous artists play in the evenings. There is a Faith and Family night, a strut in memory of Bessie Smith, and a terrific fireworks show on the last Saturday night of the festival.
- J-fest A Christian music festival run by a contemporary Christian radio station J103 and held outdoors at Camp Jordan in East Ridge usually on the last weekend of May or first weekend in June.
- Coolidge Park- a park named after Charles H. Coolidge, Medal of Honor recipient
- Lake Winniepesauka- a small theme park that is technically in Georgia, but just across the border from Chattanooga. They occasionally have summer concerts.
Here is a Magisto movie of some of the venues above;